ORA is sold by yearly subscription. A subscription is valid for any version of the program.
If you purchased a 12 month subscription, you need a license issued to use ORA today.
When your subscription expires, The OraPanel will not appear on any sites. When you open the OraSettings page, you will see a message that indicates ORA is not functional. To restore ORA to working condition, you will have to purchase a new subscription.
After you purchase a subscription, use the new license information to re-register ORA on your PC. You do not have to re-install ORA. Use the OraRegister icon in the Windows start menu to start the OraRegister program and enter your new license information there. See the next section for details.
Registration Information Email Message
After you purchase a subscription, the registration system will send you an email message with license information and instructions for downloading the install program.
- The registration system sends the message to the email address associated with the purchase.
- The registration system sends the message within 24 hours of your purchase, but usually within one or two hours.
- If you do not see the registration information message in your inbox, check your spam or junk folder. With many email systems, some messages that are categorized as spam are kept on the server and not sent to the device you use to read email. With those systems, you may be able to login to a web site to view those messages.
- If you do not see the registration information message in your inbox and more than 24 hours have elapsed since you purchased a license, please contact me using my JFCardinal address on GMail.
- When unlocking ORA, you must use all the values shown in the registration message exactly as shown. It's usually best to copy and paste the values.If you select all the values, you can paste them all at once using the [Paste All] button in the ORA Register program.